A Welsh Teacher is needed for a pending long term post for a school based in the Bridgend area. Suitable applicants will possess the following qualities:
• Have experience in teaching Welsh.
• Have great subject knowledge and a passion for delivering lessons of a high calibre.
• Have great classroom management skills with the aptitude to accommodate all levels of learning and ability.
• Able to fit in and adhere to the schools ethos.
• Flexible approach to the timetable as may be required to cover other subject’s areas as and when needed.
• Hold Qualified Teacher status (QTS) or be a newly qualified teacher (NQT)
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Secondary Teachers
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
The Role of a Welsh Supply Teacher:
• Willing to teach various classes and subjects.
• Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment.
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to cater to students of all abilities.
• Maintain discipline.
• Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development.
• Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
• Teach all areas of Secondary curriculum.
• Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum.
• Communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, pupils and parents and to manage effectively the learning and teaching of individual pupils, groups and classes.
• Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
In order to apply you must:
• Be educated to degree level e.g. PGCE or equivalent
• Have QTS
• Be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) formally known as GTCW (General Teaching Council Of Wales)