We are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants to work in in Schools across Bridgend County. We work closely with a number of schools across the Borough who currently have a need for both short term and long-term cover. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, dedicated, approachable, hardworking and flexible to meet the needs of the schools and their students.
You will gain the opportunity to work within a variety of settings including mainstream and nurture based provisions.
Duties will include:
- Completing tasks set by the class teacher.
- Working with small groups of pupils or 1-2-1
- Supporting pupils within the classroom setting.
- Undertaking all required training.
To apply for this position, you will need to:
- Be able to understand how children learn most effectively.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Be patient, caring, understanding, positive and supportive.
- Have high expectations of the children in their care both in terms of achievement and behaviour.
- Have good literacy, numeracy and communications skills.
- Have a good understanding of how to develop phonics.
- Have good ICT skills.
- Register with the EWC.
- Be willing to process a current DBS or hold one on the update service.
- Have experience of working with children in an educational setting.
Benefits will include:
- Competitive Rates of Pay.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free Training Opportunities.
- Holiday Pay accrual.
- Employee of the Month.
Apply today or for more information on this job vacancy and other teaching opportunities across Apollo Teaching Services contact our Bridgend Office on 01656 729988 or email your CV to email@example.com