A Secondary Teacher is needed for a long term placement for a school based in the Bridgend area. The successful Secondary Teacher will have an excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum and experience in Secondary schools. You will be a dedicated practitioner who is skilled at encouraging children to maximise their potential. A welcoming presence in the classroom and in school you will be supportive and helpful to children, parents and staff alike. This is a great opportunity to raise your profile within this school and become part of their committed teaching team.
Apollo Teaching Services are a nationwide company who have 6 offices across South Wales. Our office in Bridgend holds Consultant who specialise in Secondary, Primary and SEN Education. We are able to find both day-to-day and long term placements for our Teaching staff, in a vast number of schools across Bridgend and the Vale of Glamorgan. We are currently looking for Teachers with a range of experience from KS3 – KS4, and will be happy to employ NQT’s.
To be considered for this position of Secondary Teacher you must have experience in teaching Secondary education.
• Hold Qualified Teacher status (QTS) or be a newly qualified teacher (NQT)
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Secondary Teachers
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
• Have great subject knowledge and a passion for delivering lessons of a high calibre.
• Have great classroom management skills with the aptitude to accommodate all levels of learning and ability.
• Able to fit in and adhere to the schools ethos.
• Flexible approach to the timetable as may be required to cover other subject’s areas as and when needed.
The Role of a Secondary qualified Supply Teacher:
• Willing to teach various classes and subjects.
• Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment.
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to cater to students of all abilities.
• Maintain discipline.
• Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development.
• Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
• Teach all areas of Secondary and/or Primary curriculum.
• Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum.
• Communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, pupils and parents and to manage effectively the learning and teaching of individual pupils, groups and classes.
• Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
In order to apply you must:
• Be educated to degree level e.g. PGCE or equivalent
• Have QTS
• Be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) formally known as GTCW (General Teaching Council Of Wales)