A Primary Teacher is needed for long and short term placements for schools based in the Bridgend area. The successful Primary Teacher will have an excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum and experience in Primary schools. You will be a dedicated practitioner who is skilled at encouraging children to maximise their potential. A welcoming presence in the classroom and in school you will be supportive and helpful to children, parents and staff alike. This is a great opportunity to raise your profile within this school and become part of their committed teaching team.
Apollo Teaching Services are a nationwide company who have 6 offices across South Wales. Our office in Bridgend holds Consultant who specialise in Secondary, Primary and SEN Education. We are able to find both day-to-day and long term placements for our Teaching staff, in a vast number of schools across Bridgend and the Vale of Glamorgan. We are currently looking for Teachers with a range of experience from KS1-KS2, and will be happy to employ NQT’s.
To be considered for this position of Primary Teacher you must have experience in teaching Primary Education.
• Hold Qualified Teacher status (QTS) or be a newly qualified teacher (NQT)
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Primary Teachers
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
• Have great subject knowledge and a passion for delivering lessons of a high calibre.
• Have great classroom management skills with the aptitude to accommodate all levels of learning and ability.
• Able to fit in and adhere to the schools ethos.
• Flexible approach to the timetable as may be required to cover other subject’s areas as and when needed.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Foundation Phase and Key Stage 1/2 Teacher
• Willing to teach various classes and subjects.
• Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment.
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to cater to students of all abilities.
• Maintain discipline.
• Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development.
• Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
• Teach all areas of Secondary and/or Primary curriculum.
• Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum.
• Communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, pupils and parents and to manage effectively the learning and teaching of individual pupils, groups and classes.
• Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
In order to apply you must:
• Be educated to degree level e.g. PGCE or equivalent
• Have QTS
• Be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) formally known as GTCW (General Teaching Council Of Wales)