We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated, hardworking, teaching assistant who has the initiative and drive to work as a part of our forward thinking Foundation team. You will be required to work across all areas within a primary school. With a demonstrable understanding of the classroom role and responsibilities, you should possess a sound knowledge of working with, or caring for, children, ideally combined with an awareness of policies and procedures relating to child protection. The successful applicant will display good behaviour management skills, backed by the ability to communicate effectively with members of staff and parents. You should be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently using your own initiative.
The role will involve supporting a variety of children within the classroom environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand how children learn most effectively
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Be patient, caring, understanding, positive and supportive.
- Have high expectations of the children in their care both in terms of achievement and behaviour
- Have good Literacy, Numeracy and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of how to develop phonics
- Have good ICT skills Judgment
The successful candidate for this Teaching Assistant job would require the following:
- Have experience of working with pupils from Foundation stage to Key Stage 2 and 3
- Be friendly, enthusiastic and reliable
- Enjoy assisting pupils across all Key stages
- Use own initiative
- To work with the class teacher in dealing with finished work and preparing displays and filing work
- To work with small groups of children and to take responsibility for their learning.
Support for the School
- To undertake line management responsibilities where appropriate including:
- Manage other Teaching Assistants
- Liaise between managers/teaching staff and Teaching Assistants
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support differences and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Contribute to overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of pupils.
- To assist with children at the beginning and end of the day and in the playground as required.
- To attend meetings with line managers as required.
- To promote equal opportunities at all times.
- To undertake the invigilation of tests.
Having been awarded the gold standard REC Audited education status and being the first recruitment agency in south wales to be awarded this status, Apollo Teaching Services are one of the agencies across the UK who have been recognised for operating the very best practice in education recruitment
There is no better time to be joining Apollo Teaching Services. Get in touch today and broaden your opportunities of securing advanced work and possible long term positions.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities.
Still in education? Then put yourself in the best possible position and register with us before the end of your course, this way, we can ensure you are available for placement as soon as you finish your course of study.