This vacancy is being handled by our Cardiff branch. Please choose Cardiff in the ‘Location’ tab of our ‘Enquire About This Job’ section.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated, hardworking, Teaching Assistant for one of our client schools in the Barry area. With a demonstrable understanding of the classroom role and responsibilities, you should possess a sound knowledge of working with, or caring for, children, ideally combined with an awareness of policies and procedures relating to child protection.
The successful applicant will display good behaviour management skills, backed by the ability to communicate effectively with members of staff and parents. You should be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently using your own initiative.
The role will involve supporting a variety of children in a MAT Class.
The successful candidate will:
· Understand how children learn most effectively
· Be a team player with good interpersonal skills
· Be patient, caring, understanding, positive and supportive.
· Have high expectations of the children in their care both in terms of achievement and behaviour
· Have good Literacy, Numeracy and communication skills
· Have a good understanding of how to develop phonics
· Have good ICT skills Judgment
The successful candidate for this Teaching Assistant job would require the following:
· Have experience of working with pupils from Foundation stage to Key Stage 3
· Be friendly, enthusiastic and reliable
· Enjoy assisting pupils across all Key stages
· Use own initiative
· You would also be required to take control of a classroom environment on your own
· You will also be expected to provide classroom support to the class teacher by preparing and setting up resources
· Provide 1:2:1 support to pupils
· Be able to deliver group activities from teachers planning
There is no better time to be joining Apollo Teaching Services. Get in touch today and broaden your opportunities of securing advanced work and possible long term positions.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities.