A Cover Supervisor is needed for pending posts for a school based in the Merthyr, RCT and Caerphilly areas.
The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum. You will be a dedicated practitioner who is skilled at encouraging children to maximise their potential. This is a great opportunity to raise your profile within this school and become part of their committed teaching team.
Applicants must be 22 years of age or over, and in addition require a minimum of 3 months’ work experience with 11-16 year olds in an educational environment. Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is a large amount of autonomy. This position involves commanding the discipline of a class and will necessitate for a professional disposition at all times. On a daily basis, cover supervision is more than likely to include:-
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment;
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures;
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures;
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Having been awarded the gold standard REC Audited education status and being the first recruitment agency in south wales to be awarded this status, Apollo Teaching Services are one of the agencies across the UK who have been recognised for operating the very best practice in education recruitment. Apollo Teaching Services offer help with your overall development as a Newly Qualified Teacher providing feedback from our head teachers.
If you are Cover Supervisor looking for either permanent, long term or daily supply, then we can help. Our relationships with local schools provide access to a wealth of teaching opportunities in Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools nationwide
There is no better time to be joining Apollo Teaching Services. Get in touch today and broaden your opportunities of securing advanced work and possible long term positions.
Still in education? Then put yourself in the best possible position and register with us before the end of your course, this way, we can ensure you are available for placement as soon as you finish your course of study.